Self-Defense Pistol Level 3
Self-Defense Pistol Level 3
What is covered in the course?
- This course reviews situational awareness, threat recognition and deadly force issues/outcomes.
- Basic firearms safety practices are expected at all times.
- On the non-projectile range, you will further develop your tactical skills with the use of cover and concealment, use of space, and structure clearing. View Our FAQ’s.
- Additional instruction includes garment displacement for concealed carry, close quarter shooting, and firearm retention techniques.
- You’ll practice these skills using force-on-force scenarios.
- Afterwards you’ll learn low light shooting techniques including hands-on use and comparison of various types of flashlights. (If you have a light that you want to practice with please bring it!)
- You will be able to practice low light force-on-force exercises in our training environment and kill house.
- The course will wrap up with a self-assessment of your mindset and your personal ability/confidence.
What you will be able to do after completing the Level 3 Pistol class?
- Quick and effective reloads and malfunction clearance capabilities
- Walk shoot at multiple stationary and moving aggressors at various distances and in different shooting positions.
- Shooting from non-traditional shooting positions (kneeling, on back, on side, etc.) with multiple stationary and moving aggressors
- Demonstrate quick and effective shooting skills from non-traditional shooting positions (kneeling, on back, on side, etc.) with multiple stationary and moving aggressors
- Effectively find cover and concealment and shoot from behind barriers using non-traditional shooting positions (kneeling, on back, on side, etc.)
- Structure/room clearing techniques
- Shooting and reloading with your offhand
- Low light/flashlight techniques
- “Force-on-force” scenarios requiring you to use your knowledge, skills, and ultimately your judgement
What is the prerequisite for this course?
You can take this course if you have completed our Level 2 pistol course.
Who should take this course?
Anyone who owns a pistol and wants to improve their defensive skills beyond the skills covered and practiced in Level 2.
What is the length of this Course?
4-hours including classroom and non-projectile range time.
What to bring?
All training equipment, will be provided for this class including our IR Pistol. View our Armory. If you have a favorite holster and/or mag pouch that you want to train with feel free to bring it. Please DO NOT bring any firearms or any ammunition to the class. Also, bring any hand or firearm mounted light or laser that you want to use for the low light portion of the course. Our pistols have a standard Glock Rail so most lights will slide right on to it.